Mini Museum Project
This project is funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund with a contribution from Torbay council.
The three year project which focuses on teaching young children about Torbay's heritage, is being delivered by Torbay's childminders in partnership with Brixham Heritage Museum, Torbay Coast and Countryside Trust, Torbay Council and Torquay Museum.
Five of our childminders have gained the prestigious Bristol Standard award.
We will deliver a range of early year's activities such as mini digs, storytelling, trips and guided walks to sites of local historical importance.
The scheme is only open to registered childminders.
All sessions require pre-booking by phoning Brixham Museum on 01803 856267 or emailing project coordinator Louise Cresswell at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can see photographs of previous Mini Museum Project Events by clicking on the links...
- Mini Dig at Berry Head - 14th May 2012
- Napoleonic Activity Session - 28th May 2012
- Napoleonic Bootcamp - 9th July 2012
- Melody the Mermaid Storyteller Session - 3rd August 2012
- Oddicombe Cliff Railway - 27th September 2012
- Museum Activity Session - 22nd October 2012
- Museum Storytelling Session - 25nd February 2013
- Steam Train Trip - 21th May 2013
- Walk with Steve Soper - Monumental Mason - 28th May 2013
- Dinosaur World, Torquay - 22nd October 2013
- Occombe Farm - 26th October 2013
- Lupton Storyteller/Tea Party - 4th November 2013
- Mini Activity Session at the Museum - 14th November 2013
- Smugglers Story - 28th January 2014
- Brixham Breakwater - 26th February 2014
- Lupton House Bootcamps - August 2014