My name is Vivien Mifsud and I am a local runner. I have also been a volunteer at Brixham Museum for many years.
Brixham Museum lives on tenterhooks each year, wondering if it will receive its modest grant from Torbay Council. As this grant steadily diminishes, the Museum will find it increasingly difficult to survive, relying almost totally on its volunteers.
I want to help the Museum and have committed to running not just the Malta Marathon in February but also the London Marathon in April. I have never run two marathons in a year before, let alone within 7 weeks of each other!
Please give me the boost I need by sponsoring me. As I am a former Abbey National (Santander) member of staff, I can get match funding which will double any donations I receive.
Please help me to keep this unique and special place where it belongs – in Brixham for Brixham people.
Here are just a few of the comments written in the Museum’s Visitors’ Book over the last Summer:
- Passionate people who make it enjoyable (Northampton)
- Brilliant – could have spent all day here (U.S.A.)
- Worth every penny (Bristol)
- This is the way to keep the grandchildren happy (Bristol)
- Fabulous – friendly staff, even entertained my 11 and 12 year olds (Bristol)
- A super morning’s fun – a veritable ‘Tardis’
- So much to see in a small space – wonderful displays of the history of Brixham (Basingstoke)
- Fantastic place – all age groups would enjoy this Museum (Minehead)
- Fantastic visit – found family history from 1881. Great value for money (Warwickshire)
- A very interesting little Museum – do not close such an important facility (Hertford)
- Very informative and enjoyable – a ‘must see’ on Brixham history (Norwich)
- Great to see my great-grandfather’s photo and information on the 1914-1918 display. Thank you.
Please support the museum by sponsoring Viv. We have sponsorship forms at the museum. Donations should be made payable to the museum.