Object of the month – highlighting items on display in the museum
This banknote was issued by the Brixham Bank in February 1814.
In the left-hand corner is a scene depicting two sailing trawlers with a group of fish in the foreground.
The bank was formed in 1810 and was run by Messrs Hine, Holdsworthy and Pomeroy. It was forced to close in 1824 and Roger Pomeroy was declared bankrupt in 1826.